"I am changing, less and less asleep.
Made of different stuff than when I began."
– "Shadowfeet" by Brooke Fraser
Words have always been my thing. I've kept a journal since I was 7 (sporadically) or 13 (consistently). I wrote countless short stories as a kid, and have blogged on and off as an adult. I read everything I can get my hands on (paper books and my Kindle are equally loved). I've made a career out of hand-lettering, because there's nothing better than making words look as pretty on the outside as they are on the inside.
I've spent my life loving words (and also hating them, then loving them again, and trying to wrestle them into something beautiful, meaningful, and worth reading). Whether they're scribbled down in journals, polished into books, there just because they're pretty, plastered all over the internet, splattered in paint and turned into art—words make you feel, they make you think, and they help you understand. And I think that matters more than anything in the world.
I write about the blurry things. I'm fascinated by paradoxes and intersections of opposites: faith and doubt, light and dark, fear and adventure. I love to discover connections and help bring them into focus. The best way I've found to do that is through writing.
I don't write to offer answers, but instead, perspective. I write for myself: to help myself understand and to find meaning (because I'm one of those people who firmly believes there is meaning to be found in everything). I won't always get it right. I won't always have the words I want, I won't always be as clear as I hope, and sometimes, I'll be flat-out wrong. I'm trying to be okay with this. I hope you'll be okay with it, too.
- I'm most at home in the mountains.
- I live in Chattanooga, TN, with my husband Mike and our dog Riley. I couldn't ask for better.
- Good coffee solves a lot of problems.
- I'll talk personality with you all day. I'm a 4w5 on the Enneagram, and my Myers-Briggs type is INFJ.
- I run a small business called Adventure & the Wild.
- I have a bachelor's degree in psychology, and a master's in nonprofit work/child development.
- I'm interested in too many things, and wish I could live multiple lives to master it all.
- I love traveling (especially road trips)